Our Services


  • Roadworthy and safety certificates for all light & commercial cars
  • For registration
  • Transfer of registration between owners or interstate to Queensland.


  • Certificate of inspection for registration
  • Transfer of registration & yearly inspectable vehicles.
  • Includes all trucks buses & mobile homes up to 16t


  • Roadworthy & safety certificates for all trailers from 750kg to 10,000kg Atm
  • Including caravans, car trailers, pantec, horse floats & goosenecks

motor bikes

  • Roadworthy & safety certificates for all motor bikes and scooters

light vehicle

  • Approved modification examiner for light vehicle – ( Lk1, Lk6, seating. Lk8 roll bars )
  • La1, La3, engine. Lm1 fuel tanks
  • Heavy vehicle K1 seating

who we are

The business is owned and operated by Brett Foord whom is a highly experienced motor mechanic and approved vehicle inspector who has been operating in Townsville for over 30 years.

Due to us not being aligned to a mechanical workshop we can offer an independent & non-biased safety inspection.

We make it simple by offering a mobile service with most bookings carried out on the same day. We come to your home or workplace- saving permits and towing fees. This service also eliminates the possible risk of driving an unsafe vehicle.



What's the difference between a roadworthy and safety certificates ?

They are the same with roadworthy being the old term used.


What's the difference between a safety certificate and certificate of inspection ?

Safety certificates are for light vehicles and certificate of inspection Are for heavy trailers over 3500kg & trucks over 4500kg.


When is a safety certificate or certificate of inspection required ?

To register an un-registered vehicle, transfer ownership between owners, interstate transfer to Queensland. Trucks over 4500kg also require an annual certificate.


Can an unregistered vehicle be driven to the department of transport to register ?

Yes once you have been issued a certificate you require ctp insurance and a completed application to register form, the vehicle can then be driven directly to the transport department


What is a HVRAS ( heavy vehicle registration assessment scheme ) and when is it required ?

All unregistered heavy trailers over 750kg and trucks over 4500kg require a HVRAS certificate before registration.

Happy Clients

  • What a wonderful business! I would definitely recommend to all my friends and family

    Daniel Sasha

  • What a wonderful business! I would definitely recommend to all my friends and family

    Daniel Sasha

  • What a wonderful business! I would definitely recommend to all my friends and family

    Daniel Sasha

Why Choose Us?

  • Safety Certificates (RWC's)- Cars, Trailers & Motorbikes
  • Certificates of Inspection (COI's)- Trucks & Heavy Trailers
  • HVRAS Inspections & Measures- Trucks &Trailers
  • Modification Approvals
  • Pre-purchase Inspections

Contact Us

Enter the code as displayed

The Disclamier :- Townsville Mobile Roadworthies are very honest and reliable, we are not aligned with any mechanical workshops so we can offer a truly independent and unbiased inspection. We offer a service that comes to your home or work place at your convenience.

Copyright © 2016 Townsville Mobile Roadworthies. All Rights Reserved Graphic Design by Re-Boot IT Solutions. The Website Design | Development & SEO Company.